5. The worst music videos of all time were all made between 1979-1985. Those should have been crucial formative years for my aesthetic sensibilities. Instead, I made Toto mix tapes. See NPR’s Bottom 8…the horror.
4. Now Serving 7 Billion– Guess why I’m not having kids? Just doing my bit for the planet.
3. Pornographic pumpkin carving kits – Aren’t pumpkin guts gross enough?
2. The sheer magnitude of mind-blowing ribs Hal is smoking right now. Scary good.
1. This creepy as $#!^ story in GQ – about a Russian film director who’s gone all Stalin on set in Kharkov, Ukraine. It’s part Stanford Prison Experiment, part Sartre’s “No Exit,” part “1984”; this guy makes Coppola’s “Apocalypse Now” meltdown look like a bad hair day.
moral: Human beings can adapt to the totalitarian mindset in about the time it takes to get to your number at the DMV.